Thursday, October 25, 2012

Vacation Thoughts

I took a few days of vacation this week, and I discovered I needed the break more than I thought I did.

I had ALL THE PLANS to do ALL THE THINGS.

I managed to do about half of all the things, hehe. But that's okay because I did things I didn't know I needed to do. Such as listen to hours of music with the volume turned up. Or sit down and read with no distractions.

And that is where a lot of my five free days went. I finished Lia Habel's Dearly, Beloved, which was absolutely amazing, and I also finished A Storm of Swords in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. Good stuff. Then I listened to all of my My Chemical Romance albums, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, We Are the Fallen, Within Temptation, and so much more music.

I missed doing these things. I hadn't left myself time to just read or listen to music in such a long time, that I really, truly had come to miss them.

I also hung some Halloween decorations up, and I worked on my costume. Of course, there was writing.

Even though I didn't quite do what I planned, I still feel better for the time I took to do things I hadn't had time to do lately. But that's what a vacation is about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment